From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Hope Stewart
Sent: Thursday, 28 April 2005 1:29 PM
To: Web Standards Group
Subject: [WSG] site check please - Rowing History

I've been working on a huge site for over a year and it still has a long way
to go. Unfortunately, I had not heard about Web Standards until well after
starting this site, but it's never too late!

The latest section I'm about to add to the site is totally CSS and not a
table in sight, except for tabular data. And after several days of trying, I
finally got Suckerfish drop down menus to work. (Drop down menus are a
non-negotiable requirement of the client, as is the huge sponsor's logo at
the top of each page.)

It is very important that this site be accessible and last well into the
future -- unlike a commercial site, it is unlikely to get a major re-design
every few years. So, I'd be very interested hear your comments. The design
is very basic, but I've never claimed to be a graphic designer!

The new draft section (on the World Under 23 Rowing Championships) can be
found at:

http://www.rowinghistory-aus.info/world-u23-championships/index.html

Compare this to my original bandwidth-hungry, table-orientated layout:

http://www.rowinghistory-aus.info/olympic-games/index.html

I have been unable to test the new pages in Opera/win and IE5/win, so would
be grateful if someone could have a look for me, particularly in regards to
the drop-downs.

The drop-downs do not work in IE5.2/mac, but each of the first level links
will go to a page containing all the links in the drop-downs. So,
accessibility is not reliant on the drop-downs.

Regards,
Hope Stewart