I canīt see other way to create a chat page without frames. This is the only (IMHO) thing I use frames.

Of course, there are many ways to use it, as evil ways, but in a chat you got to have two frames, at least: one where you put the form, and another where you read the messages. This one you have to put a meta tag with auto refresh, or a javascript with a timeout function to update the page and let your user know what is going on. And the other the form where your user will send the message.

I use AChat (http://atutor.ca/achat/index.php) to chat with my partner during the day. I think it's a nice implementation of frames. The version I use isn't standards compliant (this may have changed), but it handles focus very well and is produced by people who know their accessibility backwards (the Adaptive Technology Resource Centre at the University of Toronto).

Damian

I have tried many ways to do it without frames, but, in this case, frames fit perfectly.

Cheers,

Francisco.

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/

Damian Sweeney
Learning Skills Adviser (online)
Language and Learning Skills Unit
Instructional Designer, AIRport Project
Equity, Language and Learning Programs
University of Melbourne
723 Swanston St
Parkville 3010
www.services.unimelb.edu.au/ellp/
www.services.unimelb.edu.au/llsu/
airport.unimelb.edu.au/
ph 03 8344 9370, fax 03 9349 1039

This email and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email is received in error please delete it and notify us by return email or by phoning (03) 8344 9370.