Robin Berjon wrote:

The problem IME is that when you use it you have to also provide a way for the user to pick her language which will override the negotiation (I've been accessing the Web a lot from computers localized in Japanese recently, and they're probably not sending Accept-Language headers that reflect the reality of languages I can really "accept" :). It's not complicated to mix both together but the extra feature of negotiating the default language rarely seems worth it.

Yes, these are some of the problems I would have expected using this approach. Let alone if you are in some other country, in a net cafe and it is defaulting to another language, as what often happens with Google, which can be annoying for the user.

Regards
Geoff D