From: sam sherlock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 May 2005 17:13
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] make poverty history website

Hi List,

I visited the www.makepovertyhistory.org website last night and was pleased to
see that the site uses Geoff Sterns FlashObject.  This seems to reaffirm my
opinion that the flashObject method of placing flash in the page is more
approprate than the MM object / embed code and flash satay or other technics
used elsewhere.

I consider this to be a real world issue in developing modern websites,
standard or otherwise since flash and rich media is often an important part of
the build of the site (clients and user like it when it works well)

So I wanted to know what the list thinks of the flashObject technic and other
alternatives out there?

More info can be found on Flash Object here:
http://blog.deconcept.com/2005/03/31/proper-flash-embedding-flashobject-best-practices/

Flash Satay
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/

sIFR