Is there no standard way then to play an audio file (say mp3 for arguments sake) using the object tag?

Is the only standard way to just link to it using <a href="file.mp3">?

Stephen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Foskett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:14 PM
Subject: RE: [WSG] Playing a sound file - what is the best way?

I completely agree, use Flash. I'd say the same for video too, for the same reasons.

Why:
 One solution multiple platforms.
 Saturation on all computers is over 90%. That's more than any browser.
 No platform compatibility issues Mac / PC.
 No browser issues Firefox / IE / Netscape / Opera.

With a single start / stop button in Flash, alongside a link to download the file.