It's a pretty solution, but it doesn't word-wrap...at least not in Safari. Make your browser window thinner and see what happens?

What I'm doing is no different except that I'm going through the trouble of having php count the number of tabs and then using that information to insert the correct class. If there are more than 5 \t's I just stop it there. This information is coming out of a database so it's no trouble going this route...

Oh, I'm not using pre either...v