G'day

I'm not sure that I've seen much online on the topic, though. So I
guess this didn't really help, sorry :(

http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/wai-pageauth.html#tech-alt-pages

"11.4 If, after best efforts, you cannot create an accessible page, provide a link to an alternative page that uses W3C technologies, is accessible, has equivalent information (or functionality), and is updated as often as the inaccessible (original) page. [Priority 1] "

"Note: Content developers should only resort to alternative pages when other solutions fail..."

"...Before resorting to an alternative page, reconsider the design of the original page; making it accessible is likely to improve it for all users."

...Last resort...

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Better Web Design