From: "Kay Smoljak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: [WSG] correct use of BR tag

On 7/27/05, Julián Landerreche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. The cat is<br />in the kitchen (no spaces between the tag and the
> words)
> 2. The cat is <br />in the kitchen (one space before the tag)
> 3. The cat is<br /> in the kitchen (one space after the tag)
> 4. The cat is <br /> in the kitchen (one space before and after the tag)

My feeling would be 2 or 3, because if all the tags were
programmatically removed, there would be a single space left between
the words. Option 1 would then read "The cat isin the kitchen" which
would be wrong. Option 4 would read "The cat is  in the kitchen" which
isn't correct either (although better than option 1).

--
Kay Smoljak
http://kay.smoljak.com/