Actually we have done some usability testing with a range of disabled users
recently.  The site we tested did not have any dropdowns, however in
particular users with hearing disabilities and cognitive disabilities asked
for dropdowns to be added.

So here we have got the problem that dropdowns might be hard for users with
physical disabilities to use and they might stuff up screen readers if
implemented incorrectly, but they can be helpful for users that are visually
oriented or users that require dropdowns as an assistance to understand the
site's structure.