I recently ran across an issue (I would call it a bug?) in firefox's DOM.

I wrote a rather lengthy bit on it here:
http://www.agavegroup.com/?p=32

But in short, firefox considers whitespace (tab, space, new line) to
be nodes in the DOM.  I've browsed the W3C spec, as well as the
Mozilla DOM spec and I can't come up with anything that demonstrates
how this should be handled.

But it seems to me white space should be entirely ignored in the DOM.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this, and hear some
thoughts.  IE handles this differently (no surprise there...) and in
this case, better.  Is this a recent Firefox "bug" or proper behavior
(that must be scripted around...).

I'd be interested in any other thoughts/ideas.

Thanks,
Patrick