John

Thank you for your reply.  This is exactly the type answer I was expecting
from the members of this list.  It was hard enough to have to ask for
assistance knowing full well that I stood the chance of being cremated here.

Problem with the OLP Guitars web site is that they hired a "marketing" guy.
His first task was to redesign their catalog and then persuade the
management to follow the catalog with a similar style web site.  Only his
vision for similar can be understood to mean "the same as".  Problem is that
none of the divisions marketing/print/graphic designers play well with the
web site developers as they have very limited understanding of how a web
site should be constructed.

It is very tough to take printed material and turn it into a web site
especially when the pages are designed strictly with print in mind.  As web
developers, we all know this.  Print and web are two different animals.  I
have put together a paper outling the pros and cons of "sliced images" vs.
semantically correct written code.  This will be distributed amongst the
division managers at the next manager's meeting.  After that, things will
change.

But that does not help the situation at hand.  I turned to the only place
where I knew I could get level headed and correct answers.  Thank you for
the answer you gave.  It was much more helpful than others I got.

Have a great day!

Jeff