Hey mate :)

Interesting question, I think this one comes down to the dev environment...

If you're the only person who will be working on this (ie: it's a
personal project) then using what you've got and adding an informative
comment would be enough.
On the other hand, if I saw this at work I would def. insist that they
change it to something like the following:

h1, #head ul {
   margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    position: absolute;
    width: 100px;
    height: 100px;
    top: 10px;
    left: 10px;
    background: url(some.img) no-repeat;
    overflow: hidden;
}

#head ul { list-style: none; }

If there is any chance at all that you may want to add more UL
specific rules, I would split it up now.

While it is valid, applying innapproriate properties to elements is
habit worth avoiding :)

cheers,
Andrew.

http://leftjustified.net/