From: Bennie, Jack [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 August 2005 09:55
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Two columns, one fluid one fixed?

Hey Guys
Got a simple one, but can't seem to get my head round it....
I'm after a 2 column setup, one fixed width and the other fluid. I can get the following code to work in IE 5, 5.5 and 6, but not in Safari, Mac IE 5.2 and Firefox...

<head>
<title>Untitled</title>
#container{
text-align: left;
margin: 0;
width: 100%;
}
#centrecontent {
float: left;
border: 1px solid red;
}
#right {
width:182px;
float:right;
border: 1px solid blue;
}
</head>
Eant et fugiant a te inquieti iniqui. et tu vides eos et distinguis umbras, et ecce pulchra sunt cum eis omnia, et ipsi turpes sunt. et quid nocuerunt tibi? aut in quo imperium tuum dehonestaverunt, a caelis usque in novissima iustum et integrum? quo enim fugerunt, cum fugerent a facie tua? aut ubi tu non invenis eos? sed fugerunt, ut non viderent te videntem se, atque excaecati in te offenderent

Eant et fugiant a te inquieti iniqui. et tu vides eos et distinguis umbras, et ecce pulchra sunt cum eis omnia, et ipsi turpes sunt. et quid nocuerunt tibi? aut in quo imperium tuum dehonestaverunt, a caelis usque in novissima iustum et integrum? quo enim fugerunt, cum fugerent a facie tua? aut ubi tu non invenis eos? sed fugerunt, ut non viderent te videntem se, atque excaecati in te offenderent

I'm pretty sure it's something simple, but it's the end of the day and I can't spot it! Any ideas? I need to keep the the :float: left;" in the "#centrecontent"

Thanks in advance...

Regards
Jack Bennie
Web Developer - Web Services

This message, including any attached files, is intended solely for the addressee named and may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the views of WorkCover NSW.