Ingo Chao wrote:
> Rick Faaberg wrote:
>> Where do we draw the line on these sites?
>
> The reason why this did not happen before on the WSG mail list is
> because no poster before did have problems in drawing a line for
> himself.
>
> We should not change this unwritten agreement.

Please do not impose your personal morality on this list.

I do not believe that we should be censoring materials based solely on
content.  I *DO* agree that when providing links to examples where the
content *may* be of a potentially offensive or questionable content,
that it be indicated clearly up front, which did not happen this time.
However, the development question it's self was both legitimate and fair
game for a list on web standards and web development.  What next?   No
links to religious sites?  To pro-choice/anti-abortion sites?  To sites
dedicated to gay rights and same sex marriage?  Who decides where the
"line" is drawn?

No, I believe posters to this list have a personal and PROFESSIONAL
obligation to flag sites containing potentially 'incendiary' content,
and then readers can apply their own moral judgment as required (and
perhaps this should be added to the List's Guidelines / Rules of
Participation: http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm, with
failure to do so an actionable offense).

Anything else is offensive _to me_!

JF
--
John Foliot