On 9/19/05, Christian Montoya wrote:

>Well, I understand that screen readers don't use the title attribute
>like they should, but that is a bad implementation in the screen
>readers, not a misuse of the title attribute.

With all due respect, Christian, its not necessarily a bad
implementation in the screen readers. The title attribute is used for
advisory information. As such, it is fair game for a screen reader to
have configurable verbosity. JAWS, for example can be configured to
ignore title attributes on links completely, or even to speak the title
text in place of the link text itself. There's nothing wrong with that
implementation.

If you use a title as it should be used - for advisory information -
rather than critical information, you don't have any problems when you
couple that with link text that is appropriate.

>That being said, I still think that the solution to:
>
>Download < a href="">Amaya< /a>
>
>is:
>Download < a href="">Amaya Software< /a>
>not:
>< a href="">Download Amaya< /a>

Think that one through very carefully - does a link that says "Amaya
Software" refer to the software itself, or does it refer to the name of
some company? contrast that with a link that says "Download Amaya." Does
that one refer to the software itself, or does it refer to the name of
some company?

Best regards,
Derek.
--
Derek Featherstone   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: 613-599-9784  1-866-932-4878 (toll-free in North America)