Nolan Winthrop wrote:
Thanks for the comments, Georg, Wybe.  I've made some corrections to
 it: notably shifting to percentages and ems for font-sizes; changing
 to onfocus for the search form.

The use of small root-value for font-size (76% on body in your case) has
the negative side-effect of giving variable results across browser-land
when 'minimum font size' is enforced.

See: <http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_1_03_04.html#ex3>

I guess it's an accepted hazard in the community since so many
sites/designers are completely ignoring the whole issue :-)
However, it does affect headlines on your page.

I do have one question that just came up while I was chatting with a
 friend:  "Does the hreflang attribute on links do anything, really,
 or is it just a cosmetic thing that no browser does anything with?"
(I'm using it on links to materials in Mandarin/Malay to indicate that the content of those sites/pages is in a language other than English.)

Not updated for the latest browser-versions, but...
<http://www.w3.org/International/tests/results/link-element>

        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no