Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media] wrote:

People who subscribe to Jakob Nielsen's newsletter are *not* normal.

We're not?
Gosh, I didn't know that...  :-)

They are people who show interest in Usability, people who have got an above average understanding of Website Structure and Web Standards.

Sounds good -- especially if one is to create *usable* web sites.

I am not saying these problems don't exist - of course they do. But I
can guarantee you the public (our real users) would vote completely different on what bugs them about website usability than what subscribers to Jakob Nielsen newsletter do.

Real users have a tendency to either 'like what they get', 'adjust to
what they get' or 'quit using a particular site'.

Result: we may have lost some users before any voting can take place,
and end up with a skewed set of votes.

Guess <http://www.useit.com/> experience some of that too...

Just shows how much value you can put into the content on useit.com.

Which is quite a lot if you don't read it in isolation, really...

        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no