Hi James,

> Adding to this, it's not a valid way of writing your code, as
> mentioned on another thread.

AFAIK, the discussion you're referring to didn't take us anywhere. It has
been said that Michael Landis summed up the thread pretty well saying:
"I think we're getting very close to a debate on personal beliefs and
preferences (the importance of browser support versus the importance
of "clean" code)."

PPK, who I believe is a "clean" code advocate, says it's fine to use CCs:
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/condcom.html
(I'm surprised he calls them CSS hacks though)

As a side note, Googling "Conditional Comments are evil" doesn't return
anything...
yet! ;)

Cheers,
Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com