To: "Web Standards Group" <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 8:47 AM
Subject: [WSG] Avoiding the evil <br>

I'm getting the hang of this whole Web Standards way of designing a website and for the most part can totally avoid using <br>. But in the example below
I'm unsure whether I should in fact avoid using <br>:

The Secretary<br />
Your Club<br />
PO Box 999<br />
Anytown VIC 3000</p>

How do others code an address? My feeling is that semantically it should be contained within one paragraph or entity of some sort. But if you were using
a screen reader, how would you differentiate one line from the next?

If I were to use an ordered list with list-style-type set to none, would
this be semantically correct? Is there a better way?

Hope Stewart