That's not really true, Alan.  A site without CSS hacks does not
necessarily have to be ugly.  I develop table-less ASP.NET sites using
CSS and I have never used a single CSS hack or conditional comment,
yet my sites are still clean, good-looking and functional in the
leading browsers (IE, FF, Safari, and Opera).

--
Francesco Sanfilippo
Web Architect and Software Developer

Professional web developer and Internet consultant with 10 years experience.
Specializing in ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, CSS/XHTML, and digital photography.
Founder and developer of URL123.com - now serving 2 million clicks per month.