Thank you all,

first, with short schedules and short weekends I find myself looking for things I cannot find in w3c, its organization is quite confusing, and since I keep loosing bookmarks and favorite lists on every format (unfortunatly too many of those) I end up getting in pannic once in a while.
On those times my synapsis tend to get slower :).
Things like
(quoting w3c)
<!ENTITY % phrase "EM |
STRONG | DFN |
CODE |
                   SAMP |
KBD | VAR |
CITE | ABBR |
ACRONYM" >
<!ELEMENT (%fontstyle;|%phrase;) - - (
%inline;)*>
<!ATTLIST (%fontstyle;|%phrase;)
  %attrs;                              -- %coreattrs,
%i18n, %events --

tend to get confusing when you google it digging for a simple clear statement about your doubt, so thank you Rimantas.

Janos, thank you for the tip, but I used the "em" element because that is what makes sense in the context, to enphasize a note as content, not only as presentation.

Anyway, this links you all gave me deserve a good study,
Thank you, best regards,

Isabel Santos