Hi

This has been discussed on the list before but the quick answer to URL's generated by PHP automatically  (like its session handler) is to use

ini_set("arg_separator.output",
"&");

See :
http://php.mirrors.ilisys.com.au/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.arg-separator.output

If you generate URL's manually using any script then it's up to the developer to insert & instead of &..

Cheers
James