of course, you could just use the start attribute *and* the Strict DTD.

I consider this the case where using start is the best *and simplest*
solution, and frankly, that's what we're all trying to do isn't it. If
we keep it simple - it's not just keeping content and layout separate,
especially when XHML is *only* the front component to largescale dynamic
database driven sites.

Thanks all for your input, if anyone who is working for/with w3c is on
this list, perhaps this could be fed back...?

Hope you all had a good meeting at the NLA a few weeks back, sorry
couldn't make it.

Thanks again
Somaya
Somaya Langley
Digital Preservations Officer /  Web Audio Analyst

National Library of Australia
Parkes Place
Canberra ACT 2600

ph +61 2 6262 1366