Patrick's got a good point ... but isn't this conversation just about at its end?
We seem to have two camps: those for and those against.
How much more do we need to talk about this stuff???

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick H. Lauke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] New logo scheme was talking points for standards

Lea de Groot wrote:

http://www.energyrating.gov.au/con3.html
Ugly stickers; Very effective program.

From http://www.energyrating.gov.au/background.html

"Manufacturers who produce / import appliances for the Australian market are required to submit their products to an approved testing agency."

So, it is effective because:

- it's *enforced* (by law, I'll assume) by the government
- there are *approved* testing agencies

Once those two things are in place on the net, we can discuss stickers and badges...

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com