I think you can configure Apache to parse whatever file extensions you like as PHP, in other words you configure it with the hosting application, the CGI module should not care what it's receiving.

Stephen Stagg wrote:

In fact, I chickened out and used the IMG tag solution.  however....

My web host uses PHP as a CGI module, I think, therefore, that it only handles files with .php extension?

Stephen

Linda Harms wrote:

Stephen,

Several options actually are available on the PHP side.

  -- you CAN script the CSS to select the appropriate background image.
  -- multiple css files, use php to call the appropriate one.

I have an example available if you're interested.

Linda
(breaking away from normal lurk mode)
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Stagg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>