Sorry, but I have to disagree.
Tables as well as divs, spans etc. are containers. They are both html
elements. I don't think that any standard has suppressed the table
element from html and in my dictionary, hacking is modifying a program
in an unauthorized manner. Are tables unauthorized?
I never said that tables are meant for design. But even by w3.org
standards they are  used for displaying tabular data .
What is in your oppinion the difference between a css driven and a css
complemented page? Isn't  in both cases the coding enhanced by the styling?

Please do not qualify others' statements as "silly". Let's keep this
discussion in a friendly manner.