On 12/14/05, Terrence Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> AFAIK the flash portion of this site was developed with the help of MM to
> make it accessible for screen readers.
>
> They *do* offer a text-only version so yes, they can claim to be accessible.

Let's put this into perspective:

- Macromedia really wants to convince people that flash is accessible,
and keep the number of 100% flash sites up.
- Macromedia helps Lightmaker build an "accessible" website, without
any regard for the real rules of accessibility, with their usual
"we'll do it our way" attitude.
- Macromedia gives the website an award.

A very fair process, indeed!

MM really could have succeeded with this one, if they had just
followed the rules. The fact that the text only page does not validate
is one of those things where we have to say, "sorry, nice try but you
missed a spot."

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com