G'day

Hi Bert, no, display:inline-block doesn't work however your suggestion prompted to use the IE conditional comments in my html' <.head> tag.

Seems a bit of overkill for a single rule. I avoid hacks wherever possible, but if you do need one, it's better placed in the CSS file (e.g. with a * html hack).

I haven't got time to look through the whole CSS file (reverse-engineering) to find the cause of each problem, but given you use exact pixel widths in many places, chances are that they aren't adding up (with IE's float bugs adding 3 pixels here and there).

I'd give it a bit of slack - maybe some of your problems will be solved by removing some of the widths.

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Better Web Design
http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au/