Felix Miata wrote:
snip>

In fact, most must have done
at least some personalization, since most hit statistics that say the most
common screen resolution is 1024x768 even though old versions of doze
default to 640x480 and newer to 800x600, and signicant numbers are above
the median.
It might appear that way but for many home and small biz users they are getting systems from major PC co's and these systems come with preconfigured OS's with a default resolution higher than 800X600 usually if the bottom system is shipping with a 17" monitor Dell, Gateway, HP and Compaq ship with resolutions optimized for the 17" monitor. In addition more and more LCD's are being installed everywhere. The native resolutions for 17" LCD is usually 1024X768 or greater and it either changes the Windows display settings on install or suggests that in order to make it work the setting be changed.

I also know that the stats for my site are skewed because the visitors are high web users using Firefox and probably know how to adjust for them. Visually impaired users who have their systems configured probably know how to increase the font sizes. Users like my parents and my in-laws probably don't even know that you can change font sizes. That being said it use a larger font size for my sites and client sites when I can.

All the best,

Jay