With regards to the demo; it would be nice to provide a few more "hooks" (id's)
in the HTML so that it makes things easier to style with CSS alone.

eg.
<ul id="photolinks">
        <li><a href="http://demo.cat-scan.net/photo/demo/03/"; title="03"
access="7">&#8592;</a></li>
<li><a href="http://demo.cat-scan.net/photo/demo/"; title="cat-scan Demo Folder"
access="8">Thumbnails - cat-scan Demo Folder</a></li>
        <li><a href="http://demo.cat-scan.net/photo/demo/05/"; title="05"
access="9">&#8594;</a></li>
</ul>

It would help to have some id's on the li's. I'd imagine that there would be
users who would want to do some image replacement on those arrows.

Similarly id's could be added to the links in the h1 and footer.

Also I don't think a "bread-crumb" is really a good h1. Would be better as a
div.

On a programming side: an option to have relative URLs would be nice. Striping
out a long domain name on several links could shrink the file size (anything to
make a gallery load quicker can only be a good thing).

--
Rowan
http://www.rmwpublishing.net/