On Jan 10, 2006, at 1:34 AM, Karl Dawson wrote:

Hi,

I am thinking to change:

"A Document Type Definition is an XML schema language and defines a
set of declarations that conform to a particular markup syntax."

to simply read:

"A Document Type Definition defines a set of declarations that conform
to a particular markup syntax."
I prefer this from the HTML 4.01 spec
<http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/intro/ sgmltut.html#h-3.1>

An SGML document type definition declares element types that represent structures or desired behavior. HTML includes element types that represent paragraphs, hypertext links, lists, tables, images, etc.

Steve Ferguson - Illumit <http://illumit.com>

It removes any confusion for both technical history buffs and
newcomers I feel. Let me know if that works for you or not.

Regards,
--
Karl Dawson
Crusader for Web Standards and Accessibility

"The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone
regardless of disability is an essential aspect."
Tim Berners-Lee - W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide We******************************************************