Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
Lachlan Hunt wrote:
No, that just demonstrates how ignorant judges can be with regard to technical implementations. The article states:

Off topic, but it made me smile thinking about my not so clued up higher management going on about adding a "GIF" to pages to mean "image". If only they knew that I'm disobeying their wishes and sometimes use a JPEG or even PNG instead...

I know how you feel, I get requested to use all sorts of inferior technology in various jobs.

At a previous job, I worked with a graphic designer that didn't know much about PNG at all, and actually once requested that I change all the PNGs to GIFs. I informed her that PNG was superior to GIF in every way, and that I only had to avoid alpha transparency and it works just fine.

I don't even use GIF any more, especially since PNG8 can do index transparency just as effectively as GIF, and I rarely use animated GIFs.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/