278 errors and 799 warnings on the index page alone.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 11:39 PM
Subject: [WSG] AIMIA Awards

Gday,

I find this list filled with dynamic, inspirational people. I come away being motivated and energised. I love youse guys. :)

Today, I came across AIMIA (Australian Interactive Media Industry Association - http://www.aimia.com.au/) that are having their 12th Annual AIMIA awards. Is anyone a member of this group? Does anyone know anything about them? Is anyone a finalist?

I had a look at some of the finalists and although they seem to require WCAG Priority 1 Accessibility, to reach that, don't your websites need to actually validate (at least some of their finalists don't)? Have I misunderstood?

I rather think it's a good idea - but I think it misses a certain something (tableless design, validation, accessibility, etc). There are so many designers/developers on this list (and elsewhere) doing so many amazing things - why don't they ever get recognised for the good things they do? They deserve it more!! Would there be a way to give them the recognition they deserve?

Kat