ok, i'll bite.  how does it change the meaning?  i really don't understand
what you mean.  after reading a later post about screen readers and how they
would go crazy with the dots, that i understand; but again, i don't
understand your statement about changing the meaning.  what is the meaning
in this case?

dwain

On 3/6/07, Patrick H. Lauke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dwain Alford wrote:

> maybe having a "set in stone" definition of what is tabular data and
> what isn't would be easier than what we have?

if it was easy to come up with a definitive definition, then yes.

ok, i'll just splurge out two random things that popped into my
head...the way i see it, it's likely to be tabular data if:

- the various cells have a clearly defined relationship
- moving content from one cell to another changes the *meaning*, not
just the way it's laid out on screen

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com

dwain alford