On Mar 7, 2007, at 11:19 PM, Ricky Onsman wrote:

Observational testing should be required practice for anyone building
websites, I would have thought, especially to explore the practical
applications of implementing standards (which for the record I am keen on
but a long way from achieving).

Amen to that - but how do you convince the powers that be? When rebuilding the site for my day job <http://www.aclib.us> *any* user testing was vetoed with "Just get something up. If there are problems, we can change it later." Of course changes were made on the "squeaky wheel" principle, many coming from inside the organization, which naturally resulted in deterioration rather than improvement.

A redesign is imminent, so *any* suggestions as to how to effectively make the argument? Please!!

Andrew

109B SE 4th Av
Gainesville
FL 32601

Cell: 352-870-6661

http://www.andrewmaben.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"In a well designed user interface, the user should not need instructions."