Yeah the new web design at my australian government place is also currently
involved in a redesign and it is made for a 1024 screen (funny seeing the web
managers still use 800)

Mike at Green-Beast.com wrote:
> Nice site. Looks like 1204x768 is becoming the new 800x600, but it's
> something that is probably ahead of its time. Especially since two members

I work at a newspaper... we are heading that direction for our next site
design iteration.... Content area will fall-in to the 800 wide range,
but overall template size hit 1024.

Most of the big dogs (NYT, IHT, Seattle times...) are going for the
wider format. :)

--
Wishlists: <http://snipurl.com/vrs9>
    Switch: <http://browsehappy.com/>

The above message has been scanned and meets the Insurance Commission of
Western Australia's Email security requirements for inbound transmission.

********************************************************************************************************************************
The above message has been scanned and meets the Insurance Commission of
Western Australia's Email security policy requirements for outbound
transmission.

This email (facsimile) and any attachments may be confidential and privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email (facsimile) is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email (facsimile) in error please contact
the Insurance Commission.

Web: www.icwa.wa.gov.au
Phone: +61 08 9264 3333