http://sitesbyjoe.foodzoomer.com/homepage.htm

Thanks for taking a look at this. I think I still have 100% widths on those items....

Yes, but when the page becomes wider than the window, and you scroll out
to the right... :-)

I'm not sure how to deal with IE/Mac. I may opt to hide all styles from it altogether.

A couple of fixes, like...
/*\*//*/
#nav ul li {width: 5em;}
/**/
...for the nav, is enough to bring IE/Mac up to around IE7's level.

Again, on the window width, I am in agreement.  It seems to survive 2
 zooms larger without passing window width, but I'm running 1280 wide
so that's probably not the typical experience for those who have to enlarge their text in the first place.

Why not turn it around and use an 'em guided' layout...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/moa_12a.html>
...and limit the width to the window regardless of resizing.

It will still scale proportional when subjected to some serious font
resizing, here 300%...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/largeimagedepot/screen-shot_02.png>
...but only if the user provides the window-width needed.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no