On Apr 17, 2007, at 5:21 AM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

I'm just at the beginning of a little experimentation, and already IE stumps me.

Basically, trying to use a table in markup but hide one column and make the other fall apart into individual inline cells. Try as I might, though, IE doesn't seem to lose its desire to show the cells as a table. Any thoughts?

http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/archives/tagcloud_table/ index.html
I once tried the same exercise, but using 'inline-block' in stead of 'inline'.
Failed.
The only thing that would work is using position:absolute on the table-cell, but then you'd need to position each one of cells via 'top' and 'left'.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>