On a related note, though not involving galleries, I find a lot of our
clients want to have linked text along the lines of "Click here for more
details on product x". I have managed to fairly much insist that we
always use the entire sentence as a link to show context, rather than
just the "click here" that they tend to want being the only linked part.
The main reason I have not been able to get rid of the "click here" part
altogether though is due to an absence of a suitable alternative that
incorporates other technologies... Does anyone have any suggestions for
these circumstances?

Thanks
James