Tim wrote:
For some reason my membership of WANAU has been lost, ignored or denied by the WANAU moderator.

I get the impression that WANAU is a university thing, and perhaps membership is restricted to university people (staff and students, etc). You should take that up with WANAU themselves.

My emails to Dey Alexander to comment on this
research have received no reply. I have spent a few hundred hours of my time unfunded to produce a webpage that is highly relevant to WANAU's objectives of promoting accessibility in Australian University websites.

I understand that you undertook this research at your behest rather than WANAU's. If they choose to ignore it, then that is their decision.

I also offer coding suggestions, but this research has so far been ignored or lost on WANAU, but it already has the attention of many concerned IT academics across Australia, a few with negative comments like the Australian Catholic University, but also many positive comments.

I think WANAU's aim is to attempt change through encouragement rather than criticism. Catching more flies with honey. I think they are looking to support people, rather than put down their efforts.

"Investigate ways to positively effect web accessibility across the university sector."

http://www.wanau.org/about/

Note the 'positively'.

It concludes that 64% of Australian University sites pass Priority One accessibility tests which is contrary to Dey Alexanders 2003 report that 98% of sites failed accessibility tests.

Your result does not necessarily negate Dey Alexander's result, which is four years old. A lot can happen in four years.

Where are WANAU's real interests? Selling training courses based on old and inaccurate claims that 98% of Australian University sites are inaccessible without considering new research in not academic excellence, it may even breach the Trade Practices Act for misleading claims.

I can see no example of how they are doing that. The reference to the paper is on his own site, not WANAU's. It is used as an example of the research that they do, along with other papers, which I find appropriate.

It's good that you want to contribute. My advice is find out how you can contribute in a way that leads to acceptance of your work. For example, if you have tertiary qualifications, aim for post-grad work.

Kat