Surely Wordpress (can't speak for Textpattern) will output whatever you put into your templates, including doctype?

On Fri, 25 May 2007 13:55:47 +1000, David Hucklesby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Following up on Lisa McLaughlin's recent query about blogging software,
I wonder if anyone can help me find a CMS that lets me use Plain Old
Semantic HTML?

I'm not convinced XHTML is "the wave of the future" for web sites, but
cannot find a version of TextPattern or WordPress or the like that
does not use XHTML markup (and sends it as HTML !)

(FWIW - I love Textile, but that, too, creates XHTML.)

Cordially,
David

Tyssen Design
www.tyssendesign.com.au