At 5/27/2007 11:41 AM, Thierry Koblentz wrote:
I like Mike's use of the legend element, but the problem I see with that
approach is that "Required Contact Info" is read before every single
label...

What if it were simply the word "required"?

        <fieldset>
                <legend>Required:</legend>

                <label for="name">Name:<br />
                        <input type="text" id="name" name="name" value="" />
                </label>

That would vocalize "required name," "required email address," "required password," etc. That doesn't seem so egregious to me, and all of the suggestions of adding a "required" markup to each input field will surely produce at least that much baggage to the aural experience.

(I've shortened Mike's suggested labels, e.g. "Enter your full name" to simply "Name." Doesn't the aural user agent make it amply clear that this is a form and that each input field is an input field? On that assumption I wouldn't consider it necessary to repeat "Enter your" each time, but I'm open to being corrected on that point.)

Regards,

Paul

Paul Novitski
Juniper Webcraft Ltd.