From: Samuel Richardson
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Sent:  Mon, 28 May 2007 14:04:08 +1000
Subject: Re: [WSG] Site Review (www.richardson.co.nz)

Cool, thanks for the comments. It sounds like I still have a few cross
browser issues to work out, lucky I just bought a Mac :D

The portfolio is strictly for design agencies to get an idea of what I
can do rather then the public. I went with a one page design to get
the content across quickly, I didn't feel the site warranted multiple
pages with such little content.

I'll proof the content a bit more, that was one area I'm a little unsure on.

Thanks,

Samuel

On 5/28/07, Mary-Anne Nayler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> It looks great but there are lots of grammar errors. I also noticed that
> in your CV you seem to be missing "employment details" on your current
> position?
> When I scrolled down to where you have rated your skills there is a
> scrollbar thing happening that looks ugly and obscures some of the text.
> (I'm using Mozilla 1.7.2) Also, I think if I didn't work in Web dev, I
> wouldn't understand what all that meant... if I was a customer I'd want
> to know what is ASP, PHP etc and what can it do for me and my web site?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mary-Anne
>
> Samuel Richardson wrote, On 28/05/07 11:05 AM:
>
> > G'day all,
> >
> > I've decided to make the jump from full time web development to
> > freelance work. Mostly front end development, (X)HTML/CSS/JavaScript
> > development etc.
> >
> > Anyway, to support myself, I've created a portfolio here:
> >
> > www.richardson.co.nz
> >
> > I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything obvious with the
> > build phase of things. If you've all got time to have a look at the
> > code/design and give me some feedback that would be fantastic.
> >
> > It's somewhat off topic but I don't think my copy writing is too hot,
> > if anyone has some suggestions on how to present myself better then
> > I'd love to hear them. I'm going to be dealing strictly with design
> > companies rather then the public so I've tried to keep thing short.
> >
> > Thanks heaps!
> >

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Mary-Anne Nayler