From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Julián Landerreche
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Firefox bug on CSS white-space property

Hi all.
First: sorry, I'm double posting this on two lists so anyone can confirm
this (before reporting to Mozilla).

The issue is simple (you will "see it better" by just creating a testing
html with the snippet below):

- there is a "white-space:nowrap" property (in the stylesheet) applied to
the <a> element .
- then, that rule is override with some inline styling applied
("white-space:normal") on two elements: one that wraps the <a> elements and
one that is wrapped by the <a> element (that also contains the text).
- the text  inside the <a> elements is a very very very long link.
- and the link is inside a table with a fixed with.
- every tested browser (but FF) honors both the width of the table and the
"white-space:normal" applied to both the parent and children of the <a>
elements.
- but Firefox just expands the table width and doesn't break the link in
multiple lines as expected.