For the Attention of those of you in London, UK.

WS Meetup London Group

I hope this isn't an infringement of the mailing list. Apologies if I got it wrong. Sorry for the short notice but there has been a bit of an internal debate on the merits of letting you all know about this.

For those of you who are not aware, there is a site called Meetup dot com that allows people to create a regular group meeting among people who wish to meet and discuss a topic. anything from books, television programs, games, etc. whatever your interests it helps you find others then start a group. For the past year or so there have been over 100 people who expressed an interest in joining a Web Standards Meetup Group and I managed to get a few dozen interested in joining these past weeks.

There will be an inagural meeting of the Web Standards London Meetup Group TONIGHT for anyone interested in discussing issues around implementing Web Standards. This is in no way connected to WASP or Web Standards Group dot org and arose from my experiences in various meetups around London.

The aim of this meetup is to have informal discussions or very short presentations (15 mins max) in a pub or coffee-house and to open the floor to informal discussions, support, sharing and commiserate. If possible I would very much like to help promote the WSG London branch through this. They don't seem to be posting their events on the webstandardsgroup.org site since July 2006, even though you get to join the London branch by joining WSG.org.

Please visit: http://webstandards.meetup.com/130/ if you are interested in joining this group, which, as some have mentioned in the discussion, is not designed to supplant but instead to compliment the existing WSG.org. London group.

http://webstandards.meetup.com/130/

Joe Ortenzi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]