Hi guys,

I am not quite sure if this one's off topic (it probably is), but it might
be interesting for many of us. Let's see how far we can take it...

I am working on a website that targets people with many different
disabilities. So that will include users with visual, mental, hearing or
physical impairments.

The website has got quite a large amount of content, so in a normal
situation I would conduct a card sort to get feedback from all target groups
as to how to structure the information. But I am wrecking my brain at the
moment how to best put this into practice with the group of users I have.
Using normal index cards for the card sort probably won't be a good idea in
particular for some of the visually disabled users. Also normally I would
let the users create new cards/categories by writing on the index cards, but
this could be a problem with some of the physically disabled users.

Of course I could set up a different way of conducting the card sort for
each of the groups, but that might end up in a pile of work for myself. So I
am wondering if there is an accessible website/software out there that
allows me to conduct a card sort?

Something that displays the "cards" in large font, that lets users create
their own "cards" and that lets users shuffle the cards around. LOL. Just
writing this makes me realize that I am probably dreaming if I think
something like that exists.

Maybe somebody has got a different suggestion on how to achieve this?

Thanks heaps.

Andreas.

Andreas Boehmer
User Experience Consultant

Addictive Media
323/55 Flemington Rd
North Melbourne 3051

Phone: (03) 9386 8907
Fax: (03) 9348 9287
Mobile: 0411 097 038

http://www.addictivemedia.com.au
Consulting | Accessibility | Usability | Development