On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:38:07 +0000, Simon Cockayne wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> What file comparison tool would you recommend for Dreamweaver CS3?

Odd. I'm surprised DW does *not* have a file compare capability. I have
used text editors for decades, but have not used DW much. All text
editors I ever used had file comparison built in.(?)

Currently I am using TextPad (ww.textpad.com) as my Windows based
editor. Even better options are available on other platforms.

TextPad can compare files. It also has good support for UTF-8, its only
weakness due to the need to display the characters using the Windows
encoding. More a limitation of Windows than the editor, I believe.

Perhaps that will fill the bill? They let you try it out for almost as
long as you want.

Cordially,
David