Thanks David, Glad to see I'm not the only one who read the email carefully before replying. :-)

My understanding of web standards is that one does not replace/ duplicate what is part of the standard furniture without a GOOD reason. Replicating functionality that already exists goes against WS does it not? In the same way you do not create a difficult navigation system hat you then have to explain is a navigation system you should not replicate common functionality with a new, space-hogging function.

Joe