I had this crazy idea that MS would allow developers to implement something
like this so we could forget about the various furbar'd rendering engines MS
produces and just run with something that works for those of us who code to,
or try to code to, the various standards:

or at least allow us to stick in a HTTP response header for the client:

Given the webkit (http://webkit.org/) BSD/LGPL licensing... although I
wouldn't see myself as a licensing expert and I doubt MS would want to
implement an open source license, but a man can dream.

At least we suffering developers could tell IE what engine to render the page
with, and IE lovers can still have their IE chrome :D

Cheers
James