I've also seen a lot of people with big screens re-size their browser windows
to about 1024x768/800x600-ish.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Hucklesby [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 11 June 2008 3:46 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Cc: IceKat
Subject: Re: [WSG] Should we design for 800x600 screens?

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:28:18 +1000, IceKat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question I'd like to poll people about. Should we still bother
> designing to
> fit in with 800x600 screen resolutions or is it Ok to just design for
> 1024x768 and not
> worry about smaller resolutions? I know applications like Google Desktop make
> it more
> complicated and am interested to hear people's views.

FWIW - I work at a computer training lab, teaching computer skills to
a very wide age group. A significant number of students switch the
nominally 1280 x 960 19" display to 800 x 600.

Just my 41 cents.

Cordially,
David

NOTICE - This communication is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any action in
reliance on, this communication by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication please delete and destroy all copies and telephone SMS Management
& Technology on 9696 0911 immediately.  Any views expressed in this
Communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of SMS Management & Technology.
Except as required by law, SMS Management & Technology does not represent,
warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained nor that the communication is free from errors, virus, interception
or interference.